regional governing body
The Regional Governing Body is responsible for a hub of up to three academies. The Regional Governing Body reports up to the Trust Board who quality assure their work. Veritas MAT has two Regional Governing Bodies.
Key areas of responsibility for the Regional Governing Body are:
- Engage in Governor Monitoring visits to quality assure the impact of the school plan on the improvement in teaching and learning
- Approve the SEF and review all evaluative data for rigour and impact.
- Approve the academy Strategic Plan.
- Ensure parent-voice is strong in the academy.
- Ensure statutory requirements for safeguarding are maintained.
Finance and Audit
- Finance and audit responsibilities sit with the Trust Board except for the impact of expenditure relating to the Pupil Premium Grant (including Covid Catch-up), Sports Premium Grant and funding for pupils who have a special educational need and/or disability.
- Appointment of all staff not on Leadership Scale.
- Appraisal of staff not on the leadership scale.
Infrastructure and Procurement
- Risk Assessment procedures across the academy
- Health and Safety of the academy
- Grounds maintenance