regional governing body
The Regional Governing Body is be responsible for a hub of up to three academies. In order to ensure representation from each member academy, two governors and their headteacher are elected to the Regional Governing Body. The Regional Governing Body meets six times a year. The Regional Governing Body reports up to the Trust Board who quality assure their work.
Key areas of responsibility for the Regional Governing Body are:
- Engage in Governor Monitoring visits to quality assure the impact of the school plan on the improvement in teaching and learning
- Approve the SEF and review all evaluative data for rigour and impact
- Approve the academy Strategic Plan
- Liaise with the Community Consultation Group to ensure parent voice is strong in the academy.
- Ensure statutory requirements for safeguarding are maintained
Finance and Audit
- Finance and audit responsibilities sit with the Trust Board except the impact of expenditure relating to the Pupil Premium Grant, Sports Premium Grant and funding for pupils who have a special educational need and/or disability.
- Appointment of all Staff not on Leadership Scale.
- Appraisal of staff not on the leadership scale.
Infrastructure and Procurement
- Risk Assessment procedures across the academy
- Health and Safety of the academy
- Grounds maintenance
Mr Graham Chisnell – Trust CEO & governor responsible for school standards and business.
Miss Anne-Marie Middleton – School headteacher and governor responsible for school standards.
Mr Douglas Price - Governor Responsible for health and safety.
Mrs Liz Wozny - Governor responsible for school standards.
Mr Rob Hackett - Headteacher and governor responsible for school standards.
Mrs Ann Taylor-Williams - Governor responsible for school standards.
Mr Chris Blamires - Governor responsible for school standards.
Mrs Lucy Watson - Governor
Mr Peter Norton - Governor
Supporting the Regional Governing Body
Mrs Dawn Hunter-Wardle - Clerk to the Regional Governing Body
Mrs Alison Moon - Company Secretary
Register of Pecuniary Interests of Governors
|Name||Role||Term of office||Responsibilities||Declared Interest||Organisation in which interest is held|
|Graham Chisnell||CEO Veritas MAT||Ongoing||
Spouse - teacher
National Leader of Education
Warden House & Pilgrims' Way Primary
HMI / Ofsted
|Anne-Marie Middleton||Headteacher Pilgrims' Way Primary||Ongoing||None|
Governor VMAT Trustee
|20.7.15-20.7.19||Health & Safety||
Member of review panel
Price & Price Associates
|Liz Wozny||Governor||5.12.17-5.12.21||None declared|
|Rob Hackett||Headteacher Warden House||Ongoing||None declared|
|Anne Taylor-Williams||Governor||15.5.18-15.5.22||Employee||Specialist teaching and learning service (KCC)|
|Chris Blamires||Governor||2.7.18-2.7.22||Canterbury Christ Church University||Senior lecturer|
|Warden House Primary School|