regional governing body
Each Regional Governing Body will be responsible for a hub of up to three academies. In order to ensure representation from each member academy, two governors and their headteacher will be elected to a Regional Governing Body. The Regional Governing Body sits six times a year and is responsible for up to three academies. Each Regional Governing Body reports up to the MAT Board and Trust Members who quality assure their work.
Key areas of responsibility for the Regional Governing Body are:
- Engage in Governor Monitoring visits to quality assure the impact of the school plan on the improvement in teaching and learning
- Approve the SEF and review all evaluative data for rigour and impact
- Approve the academy Strategic Plan
- Liaise with the Community Consultation Group to ensure parent voice is strong in the academy.
- Ensure statutory requirements for safeguarding are maintained
Finance and Audit
- Finance and audit responsibilities sit with the Trust Board
- Appointment of all Staff not on Leadership Scale.
- Appraisal of staff not on leadership scale.
Infrastructure and Procurement
- Risk Assessment procedures across the academy
- Health and Safety of the academy
- Grounds maintenance
Mr John Utting – Governor, Vice Chair of the Regional Governing Body responsible for human resources.
Mr Graham Chisnell – Trust CEO & governor responsible for school standards and business.
Miss Anne-Marie Middleton – School Headteacher and governor responsible for school standards.
Mrs Katie Cottrell - Governor responsible for school standards.
Mr Douglas Price - Governor Responsible for health and safety.
Mrs Liz Wozny - Governor responsible for school standards.
Mr Rob Hackett - Headteacher and governor responsible for school standards.
Mrs Ann Taylor-Williams - Governor responsible for school standards
Supporting the Regional Governing Body
Mrs Dawn Hunter-Wardle - Clerk to the Regional Governing Body
Mrs Alison Moon - Company Secretary