Local Academy Committees
The Local Academy Committees (LAC) are responsible for each of our school academies.
Local Academy Committees are largely responsible for four local tier functions of Governance, including Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), Safeguarding, Stakeholder Engagement and Standards (Educational and other).
LAC members play a vital role in reporting to Trustees on their delegated roles and responsibilities, which include:
- Upholding the mission and values of the Trust and supporting the delivery of the Trust and School Improvement Plan priorities.
- Receiving and scrutinising the Headteacher’s reports to monitor and challenge outcomes and school improvement for the local tier functions.
- Ensure high-quality and inclusive education is in practice, that is motivating and ambitious for all, including disadvantaged children and children with SEND and English as an Additional Language (EAL), so that children can achieve their full potential.
- Ensure robust and rigorous safeguarding procedures are in place.
- To agree, review and monitor Pupil Premium and Sports Premium funding and spend.
- Creating a positive culture and climate for all stakeholders and engaging with stakeholders (staff, parents and families) regularly and acting as an ambassador for the Trust.
- Ensuring a culture of wellbeing for pupils and staff and governors and health and safety.
- Approving school level policy documents.
- Peter Williams, Chair of Governors, Safeguarding and Attendance Governor (co-opted governor)
- Ron Herbert, Pupil Premium (co-opted governor)
- Georgina Keith-Hill, Early Years and SEND, (co-opted governor)
- Shelley Shocolinksy-Dwyer, Stakeholder Engagement (Parent / Family Governor)
- Carol Gretton, staff governor (Senior Family Liaison Officer)
- Frazer Westmorland, Headteacher
- Lauren Wharmby / Lisa Paez, Deputy Headteachers (Staff Governor)
- Parent / Family Governor - Vacancy
- Co-Opted Governor x 2 - Vacancy
Until 1 January 2024, Warden House and Pilgrims' Way will have combined LAC meetings, ensuring a smooth transition into forming separate LACs in the new year.
Their membership is currently as follows:
- Lucy Watson-Russ - Chair of Governors, Pupil Premium and Stakeholder Engagement (Parent/Family Governor)
- Max Clinch - (co-opted governor)
- Doreen McVeigh, (co-opted governor) Safeguarding governor
- Emma Garnett (co-opted governor)
- Tracy Marsh (co-opted governor)
- James Walker (co-opted governor)
- Rob Hackett, Headteacher at Warden House
- Staff Governor - Vacancy
- Parent Governor - Vacancy
Pilgrims' Way Primary School
- Doreen McVeigh - Chair of Governors (January 2024), Safeguarding governor (co-opted governor)
- Ann Taylor-Williams - SEND Governor (co-opted governor)
- Lucy Sutcliffe - Early Years Governor (Parent governor)
- Rev. Mark Griffin - Stakeholder Engagement (co-opted governor)
- Emma Campbell, Headteacher at Pilgrims' Way
- Co-opted Governor x 2 - recruiting currently
- Parent/ Family Governor - Vacancy
- Staff Governor - Vacancy
Key Governor / LAC Documents:
LAC member resignations in the past 12 months:
- Anne Marie Middleton, previous Headteacher at Pilgrims' Way, 31 August 2023.
- Katie Moh
- Charlie Wilkins, Mundella.